It may be because I've never lived in the SF Bay Area, but somehow the Midsummer Mozart Festival always escaped my notice. But not this time.
I've always wondered why there were so many Bach festivals around and never any annual celebrations of Mozart's greatness. I respect the genius of Bach, but between you and me, I've always liked listening to Mozart better. Imagine my delight, then, at finding out about such a Romantic-era indulgence as this one, and so close to home!
The Oakland Tribune made last week's concert at the lovely Santa Clara Mission sound pretty spectacular, and I'm sorry to have missed it. But there are still plenty of opportunities to catch the program, which includes a performance of the Prague Symphony (K. 504, one of my favorites), including at the Herbst Theatre in the city July 25 and at First Congregational Church in Berkeley July 27. Tickets range from $30 to $60--ouch. I guess that's a sacrifice I'll have to make to hear my beloved Amadeus.
Visit the festival's web site for more information.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment